MMM founder accuses media of causing panic among participants
Subscribe to Newsletter | Business & Job Opportunies Thu, 27 July 2017 Twitter
HOME » Business & Economy » MMM founder accuses media of causing panic among participants

MMM founder accuses media of causing panic among participants


Published: 8 months ago
Editor: Adigun Abiola, Africa.


As subscribers await the resumption of operations of Mavrodi Moneybox Mondial (MMM) Nigeria in January 2017, the founder of the Ponzi scheme Sergey Mavrodi has accused the Nigerian press of deliberately "fueling hysteria around MMM and causing panic."





The operators of the scheme in Nigeria said in a message sent to all subscribers on December 12 that all confirmed Mavros would be frozen for one month.

During the period – December 12 to January 12 – none of the participants would be able to ‘get help’ (withdraw funds deposited with the mandatory 30% interest). But they allowed to ‘provide help’ (deposit funds).

The scepticism and panic that followed the announcement were caused by the media, Mavrodi said.

He said, “I’m just astonished by your irresponsibility and cynical attitude. Interests of millions of people, your fellow citizens are at stake. Don’t you have any sympathy for them? Why are you fueling hysteria around MMM and provoking a panic? Why are you doing this so diligently and persistently, what is your purpose?”

He insisted that operations of the scheme would resume in January, noting that the “suspension of work for holidays” was not unusual. His claims contradicted the reason the Nigerian operators of MMM gave for freezing the confirmed Mavros for one month. They explained that the measure was put in place because “in the New Year season the System is experiencing heavy workload.”

But Mavrodi insisted all was well with MMM Nigeria and urged the press to desist from being biased against the scheme.

He said, “Again, leave MMM alone and let us work. Nothing has collapsed, and MMM will perfectly resume its work in January. We Can Change the World!”


Tags in this article:
News

READ ALSO: Your change is causing despondency - Cardinal Okogie tells President Buhari

Copyright Dailyafricagist.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Dailyafricagist.


Do You Like This Story?


Become a Fan On Facebook and Follow Us On Twitter


Related News Topics

All News


Flood kill 10 year-old-boy, displace 2,000 people in Katsina state
A 10-year-old boy has lost his life while over 2,000 people have been displaced by a flood disaster that ravaged Kaita town, in Kaita Local Government....
Read More...

Pensioners protest non-payment of arrears, barricade road in Benin
Pensioners in Edo on Monday barricaded popular Oba Ovonramwen Square in Benin for several hours over non-payment of gratuities and pension a....
Read More...

Court dissolves 21-year-old marriage over sex starvation in Ibadan
A Mapo Customary Court, Ibadan, on Monday dissolved the 21-year-old marriage, between one Babatunde Olasupo and his wife Shakirat, over starvation of ....
Read More...

18 dead, 18 people missing in China flooding
Flooding in Chinas northeast has left 18 dead and 18 missing, state media said Monday, after the latest deadly deluge to hit the country this summer.
Read More...

EU allocates 700m euros to develop sustainable energy in Nigeria
The European Union (EU) says it has so far committed over 700 million euros for the development of sustainable energy in Nigeria and other ECOWAS coun....
Read More...

Court papers show how Aluko, Omokore allegedly laundered stolen NNPC’s $1.76b
Court papers in Lagos Nigeria have detailed how oil businessmen, Kolawole Akanni Aluko and Jide Omokore laundered the $1.7 billion creamed off the que....
Read More...